Moving to Blaine, Minnesota puts you smack dab in the middle of a community of folks that take their sports and recreation very seriously. Perhaps this is why Blaine is home to the world’s largest amateur sports facility, the National Sports Center.
Under the facility’s roof you’ll find two indoor sport facilities, the Sports Hall and the Sport Expo Center.
The Sports Hall at Blaine National Sports Center features:
• 58,350 square foot artificial turf surface.
• Three indoor soccer fields.
• One large, 55-yard by 100-yard surface.
• Small-league suited areas for softball, baseball, football, lacrosse and rugby.
In the National Sports Center Sport Expo Center you’ll find:
• Artificial turf surface
• An indoor soccer field
• 18,000 square feet of turf activity area
• Training or small-league suited areas for softball, baseball, football, lacrosse and rugby.
Golf at National Sports Center, Blaine, Minnesota
The 400-acre Victory Links Golf Course is conveniently located at the National Sports Center in Blaine. It features:
• An 18-hole events course
• An 18-hole bent grass putting course
• Multiple tee boxes for golfers of all abilities
• Driving range
• Pro shop
With 52 soccer fields that do double duty to host lacrosse, rugby and ultimate disc, is it any wonder that Blaine’s National Sports Complex is recognized by the Guinness Book of Records as the largest soccer complex in the world?
Ice – and Lots of it!
With eight sheets of ice in 300,000 square feet, the Schwan Super Rink is the largest ice arena in the world. It’s so amazing, in fact, that the U.S. Women’s Olympic Hockey Team calls it home.
The rink is host to a number of tournaments every year, including:
• North American Hockey League Showcase Tournament
• Women’s World Hockey Championship
• ISI World Figure Skating Championships
• US National Sport Track Speed Skating Championship
National Sports Center: Velodrome and Stadium
Some folks prefer spectating at sporting events and Blaine’s NSC has 8,500 seats at the stadium from which to choose. Watch the U.S. Nation Team’s soccer games and more.
If track racing gets your adrenaline roaring, experience the thrill at the National Sports Center Velodrome. The all-wood cycling surface is host to a number of cycling events and a weekly racing series.